Saturday, October 13, 2007

Back to Papua New Guinea


Since my last post, I have returned to help lead a group across the never-ceasing mountains of Papua New Guinea once again.
The tremendus heat that radiates under the sun in Moresby reaches an equilibrim with the humidity as a two pronged assault on your senses and allow a layer of tepid perspiration to remain glistening on you skin all day. But I love it. I love Papua New Guinea...even with all the horror stories coming in about Moresby and the Rascals, I still love the atmosphere, the people, the grinning children waving you into their city, the apprehensive older folks walking with their Bilum Bags (traditional hand woven bags strap carried on the forehead and bag swung around and down the back) full of food stuffs or fire wood.
I love the pace of everything, the melanesian way of life..."esi esi Tassol" -Easy does it
Dave Peters, who was co-guiding this trip with me, and I went for a walk to Ela Beach, downtown Port Moresby and a bunch of kids were playing on a discarded boat that had been left over from the independance day festivities a week earlier.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home