Thursday, July 17, 2008

A few photos from our road trip to the Northern Territory


Pretty little tree in the Nitmiluk park, and some old aboriginal rock art we saw along the 6hr walk


Some cute parrots that I was watching at one of the petrol fill-up station stops near a spot called Daly Waters. They are appropriately named "Red-Winged Parrot"(Pizzey, 2007)

David and Me, on a huge "ant hill" termite mound near Barkley Tablelands...very neat area!
Fun in the termite flats...mars on earth experience......
Crows encircle a road kill on the flats of the outback ranges. A common sight to behold...sometimes accompanied by a beautiful wedge-tailed eagle.
Caves at Camooweal (they are much deeper than they look here in this foto!)
David and I after the first full day of driving
David and Boolish
Me sitting on the very edge of a steep gorge (don't look mom)

3 Comments:

Blogger Leslie said...

Re: the last picture....I'm not looking either!! At first I thought "wow this is sort of glam shot of you Jannah" then I looked closer..I looked down. You scare me girl!

1:41 am  
Blogger Leslie said...

I see by the absence of posts you are not tripping right now...but what are you thinking?

1:34 am  
Blogger Browner said...

haha well.. your love of poop has come full circle hasn't it JKB from collecting goat raisonettes in your overalls in chatty.. to hugging large piles of old hardened poop in the nothern territories of aussie.. lol

7:26 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home