Davids coming
My good friend David is coming for a wee visit in a few days time. David is from Australia and I met him on the last trip I went on. He works as an outdoor education teacher and has a guiding company as well (www.northerndistracktions.com.au/). Then on the 12th Jack, David and two other people and I am going to flores for a winter weekend getaway. Hopefully the weather is fair.
This is a little break for me before I start going into the major countdown to my BIG SOLO TRIP to Asia. I have been going coo coo trying to tie up all the loose ends before my departure. This whole bombing thing in Bangkok doesn't make the situation any easier for my worrying relatives (not to mention my own thoughts) but I can't stop now. 24 days till take off.
This is a little break for me before I start going into the major countdown to my BIG SOLO TRIP to Asia. I have been going coo coo trying to tie up all the loose ends before my departure. This whole bombing thing in Bangkok doesn't make the situation any easier for my worrying relatives (not to mention my own thoughts) but I can't stop now. 24 days till take off.
Labels: The Countdown Begins

2 Comments:
It's too late to worry about Bangkok now . . you always knew it was dangerous and now they have proved it to you. They won't be blowing up the whole city at once, the secret is to know what they are going to blow up next and . . . then DON'T GO THERE!!
We love you because you are adventuresome and because you are so damned sensible . . .so as David Farragut and Tom Petty say . . Damn the torpedoes! . .
and I'll see you in the spring. I'm really glad you are doing this blog. We will be able to track you and you will have a place to dump your memory chips as you go along. Set up a Flickr.com account too . .then you can dump your camera into it whenever you find an internet connection.
I can hear the pencil scratching off the days...a big X....
This will be a wonderful experience and I look forward to hearing your stories. You are very animated and will get your points across...in whatever language that surrounds you!!
Don't forget to phone occasionally.... proud of you... mom
Post a Comment
<< Home