Sunday, April 29, 2007

KOKODA STARTS NOW

David and I spent a day in Buna and then headed out to Popendetta airfield for our early morning flight. We didn't fly out until afternoon, as they apparently decided to cancel the early flight. Long story short Gerry, David and I finally made it to Port Moresby and started immediately to plan out the food and other resources we needed to fullfill before clients started arriving for the Track.

After a few days of running around, sorting out arrangements, food, tickets, park fees, and gear, we were as ready as we could be for the Track (Papau New Guinea's slogan is "land of the unexpected" so you are never fully prepared)

I met Lara Kaput, my groups leader, (YIKES, Hyper!) and after a briefing with David and the other group leaders, we met up with all the clients and did our own briefing.

I was sad to leave David behind, on the first day of the adventure, but I knew I would learn alot and decide whether this was a career oppurtunity that I would like to undergo. David had yet to drop the food off at the airport, for the chartered plane, food drop into Naduri and he also was back teaching in Australia come Monday so couldn't do the track.

2 Comments:

Blogger gazingoutback said...

yes, I imagine it was indeed a bitter-sweet parting..he's seems to be a good friend.. endings..are also beginnings. Mom XX

1:10 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would second the (YIKES, Hyper!) on that one Jannah Banana! Downhill from there but that wasn't going to ruin a trip of a lifetime.

9:51 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home