Monday, February 12, 2007

Spring Guest house -top floor room -day 2


IMG_0469[1]
Originally uploaded by Asia Trip2007.

This is a view from the floor my room was on. It was the cheapest for a reason. You had to lug all your gear up these stairs (I had relatively little gear so it was easy for me).

After Emily and Fi left, I went out and tried to book a flight to Banlung (northern Cambodia) but it was sunday and the place I went to inquire at informed me that flights could only be booked on weekdays. So I decided to do a tour of the local 'Central Market' called Psar Thmay. What a crazy experience that was. Dad, you would've had an anxiety attack. This huge Daisy shaped Sand coloured building was full of all sorts of goods from textiles to art, to clothing, to food, to pots and pans, to shoes and on and on. After ducking inside the outer tent city part you get into the interior building, filled to the roof with so much stuff. Since so many mainstream companies get their high end products produced in Cambodia and Thailand you can buy all this stuff for a fraction of the price, plus all the copycat companies too. Everything from Tag watches to Gap and Nike clothing to Louis Vuitton leather handbags. And people are everywhere, you are shoulder to shoulder with locals and Barang (foreigners). It was nuts and I was glad to get out of there, but it was definitly worth the experience. After that I went to a local grocery shop and got some less expensive food and ate lunch the rest of the day I just walked around Phnom penh and looked around (which is free)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home