Sunday, February 04, 2007

Last day before Cambodia

Well Feb 2nd would be my last day in Bangkok before my flight to Phnom pehn. It went like this: Awoke 5 am, laid in bed and wrote in journal
At 7 ate breakfast in guesthouse
Emailed
At 8:30 headed out to the local market for some photo oppurtunities: -I purposely chose a place to stay at, out of the way, so I would be forced to come out of my shell and venture out of a safety zone (like at Th. Khao San which is where all the backpackers hang out). The area of the city where the KT Guesthouse was, is in residential area and where middle-lower class families live. So the markets over here had all sorts of neat things you would never get to see in the tourist areas. I was the only white person there purchasing stuff, it was absolutely great. So many unusual flavours, smells and food - in all the colours of the rainbow. I took a whole roll of film. Unfortunately, when I was changing the roll, I totally blanked out and opened the back before rewinding, I was in a dark corner and I closed it really quickly, so maybe some will be spared but I won't know until I return to Canada and get them processed. Argggggggh! But what can I do now. After my film 'incendent' I decided to take a break from the chaos that is a thai market and have a time out and a refreshment at a mini wat just west of the market. I pulled out my sketchbook and jotted down my rendition of the shrine and slurped a delicious lime-type fruit drink.
I headed back to the guesthouse for an afternoon of relaxation in the sun by the pool, hell why not, it is a vacation, even in the busy city scene!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home