PNG Anzac trip 2008


Well this Anzac trip was much better than last years for sure. The weather was perfect, the group was amazing and I had a lot of laughs. I did get quite sick midway through, but everyone helped out so I could manage to continue walking (while the occational vomitting halted some progress). I got to see about 5 snakes this time and a few tame birds that would normally be elusive to the common trekking group. One camp had a baby Cassowary who was absolutely adorable. Another had a hand reared Reggiana bird of Paradise. The locals have learned that the wildlife is better alive than dead, for tourists and money making. I was happy to pay the 5Kina to photograph the alive rare bird of paradise (PNG's National Icon), which wasn't upset to be held by the local lady proudly displaying it.
I also got to spend some time with David's Wantok in Moresby (Dave Flinn) and his beautiful family. It was a great trip overall.

2 Comments:
Bird of Paradise....where is the picture J???
...you knkow what...my post should read where is the picture TAKEN J?
Post a Comment
<< Home