Friday, February 16, 2007

Kratie Monestary at sunset


Kratie Monestary at sunset
Originally uploaded by Asia Trip2007.

As I returned from my day of cycling and having my first sip of sugar cane juice (so delicious, not anything like the crap I had in a can once in Canada) I headed to the waterfront to watch the sun disappear on the horizon. But like everyone who loves photography knows, this time can be an amazing soft light that can capture rich colour contrasts on film. I couldn't resist. This monestary was located right down town in front of the water of the Mekong. The yellow peeling paint was being painted the next day by the young monks restoring the building, so I was told, so I had to capture the roughness softened by the sun, with a slight contrast of the young tree just planted infront of the wooden shuttered window.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I looooooove this picture.. so serene.. looks like a painting.. makes me feel warm inside!

3:57 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home