Friday, February 16, 2007

So Wat?!


So Wat?!
Originally uploaded by Asia Trip2007.

The first afternoon in my new guesthouse, I dumped my gear and walked to find a moto that could take me to the angkor ticket office to get a 3 day pass. After much haggling I got a driver to get me to the office for 2 dollars. It was 5:15pm and apparently stopped selling tickets at 5, but they let me in for a free sunset. I walked to the main entrance and saw a group of young monks heading inside to make their prayers for the evening. This shot is slightly out of focus but I was fiddling with my camera when the monks passed by me and at that moment the older brother rested his hand on the shoulder of his younger brother for a moment, which I wanted to capture, but I wished I framed it better, oh well. Monks are so cute.

2 Comments:

Blogger Leslie said...

How nice you captured that moment of 'support' or friendship ....don't you just love the colour orange? So happy and uplifting.

12:46 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dont be so hard on your photography.. this is a beautiful shot.. they are cute..

4:15 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home