Big bums

Big bums
Originally uploaded by Asia Trip2007.
On Wednesday we packed up early and started out on our hour hike with the elephants along the roads and back trails to "Elephant Haven".
This was a sanctuary that Lek had created for the elephants by leasing the land from the Government and allowing the elephants the oppurtunity to forage for themselves in a natural and safe setting. No gates, No fences. I think the elephants really love it.
Doing this hike alongside these amazing beings, allowed me to see things about them that no other park or zoo would ever be able to illustrate. The subtle dynamics of the family units. The care shared amongst each other and I slowly got to learn some of the personalities of each of the elephants I was hanging out with.

2 Comments:
Hi Jannah....what wonderful photos of your elephant week. Big Bums (and a little bum) is a great picture. Wonderful opportunity.
I love their bums. This is my favorite blog of yours Jenna. I have learned so much from it.
Emily
Post a Comment
<< Home