Sunday, June 08, 2008

Wildlife Caring

This snake is my first Wildlife Carer animal. It was an easy critter to please and was my first release.











I love all animals but I really wanted to take care of a wallaby or Possum or fruit bat, as these are animals not found in Canada (Other than the close relative of the possum, the "Opossum").
I have been on several camping trips including my time in PNG so wasn't at home to receive one of the animals that had been available while I was gone. Upon returning, however, I had a call for a possum caring position, which I eagerly took. Now we have a family of four: Aidan, David, Me and Boo (a 450g baby brush-tailed possum)
He is a shy boy and just learning to trust humans for his food, but he is adorable and always a laugh....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home