Sunday, February 25, 2007

Starting a new Adventure - Thailand



Well I arrived back in Bangkok on the 22nd of February and because it was a reasonable time of day (unlike my previous arrival here) I decided to not take the metered taxi into town for 290 baht and opted for the public bus which was an hour and a half into the city centre for 150baht (pretty much half the price). Now that I have to really watch my funds I will be cutting as many frivolities as possible. I decided that I would stay near to Thanon Khao San, as this is the backpacker haven and a cheap spot to stay for penny pinchers, compared to other more thai intergrated guesthouses. I talked with a lady from Boston who was on the same bus and she told me of a guesthouse that she really liked called the Bella Bella House, which happened to be on my list of guesthouses I would check out that morning. We went there first, as per her recommendation, and I shared a room with a German girl also on the bus, for 175 baht each/per night. We had our own beds and a bathroom and the room was in good shape and quite clean(much different to my Cambodian room selection), with a window that faced the small quiet street. It was close to the action, only a block and a half from Khao San.

I spent my day relaxing, getting my laundry cleaned, and sipping on inexpensive fruit shakes as a tasty, cool and filling alternative to a big expensive supper at some pub.

The next day I needed to purchase pants, cheap flip flops, mozzie spray, a long sleeved shirt and a cheap pair of runners for my work in Chiang Mai. I got a pair of orange pumas, an indian cotton shirt, fisherman pants and all the other excessories I needed for only $20.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home