Back to Oz
We headed back to Australia via San Fransisco, which almost as bad as LA airport, but we held our breath and had a sigh of relief once back on Aussie terra firma. NEVER FLY UNITED AIRLINES!! This was the forth time flying with them due to budget deals and next time I am paying extra to NOT use UNITED!! I don't even want to get into the list of crap we had to deal with, I am just happy it is over and done with. We arrived in Sydney on the 24th of Dec and jumped on a domestic flight to Bellina. Bellina is located in the state of New South Wales and about an hours drive south of Brisbane.
We met up with David's parents and spent Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with them.
While David and I were walking to town, we got to see a baby fruit bat that had fallen from the tree. I picked it up by allowing it to latch onto my finger with its feet and put it back up in the tree where the bats were all roosting. Not before taking a quick foto though.
We then departed with camping equipment in tow, and headed for the small community of Woodford, which is located north of Brisbane in Queensland. It was here that we would be spending the next week, listening to music from around the world and enjoying unique foods, whilst camping in a big field.
After setting up our tents and getting our armbands (tickets), David and I left for Brisbane to pick up our new vehicle the following day. We got a new Toyota Corolla Hatchback. It's great and very sporty!
We returned to Woodford and enjoyed the likes of Harry Manx, The Red-Eyes, The Counterfeit Gypsies, Sarah Blasko, The Toothfaeries, Angus and Julia Stone and Hawksley Workman. Too many bands to mention, but many new music cd's now grace our shelves.




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home