Saturday, January 20, 2007

"The Spot"

The downed trees only continued on to the next headland and then, there onward, the trail was in superb shape. Both of us only did sliding skids on ice a couple of times and managed not to topple or end up like a tortoise caught on his back, which can sometimes happen carrying a heavy pack. We sang songs and talked of adventures I would be in for, with him, in Papua New Guinea.

When we arrived at the tell tale beach, I greeted mother rock with a loving energy, and continued past to our signature camp spot.




We started setting up camp and I made my way to bag some fresh water at the stream on the opposite end of the beach, to start filtering some water for camp.




Now anyone who has filtered water before, knows it takes a while, as the particles, paramecium's and cysts are caught in the micro-pores of the ceramic filter, the clean water is pushed through and collects in your bottle or bag. But every pump of the filter only culminates about a tablespoon of clean water, so you can imagine how long a 10L bag takes to fill. While I was away, the sun skipped along behind the clouds and David captured this shot.

We relaxed into the evening and sipped on the wine that David had brought with him, in front of a beautiful warm cedar smelling beach fire. The evening was warm and it was easy to fall asleep in the warmth of our down sleeping bags...


The morning was just as glorious as the previous night, but without the sauntering shadows elongating under gentle west coast giants. The sun seemed to want to be photographed and was showing all her beauty just for us... I basked in the delight of first mornings light. David snuck in some neat shots.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home